Sunday 30 September 2012

Creative lawn-mowing

Staffan and I have different approaches to lawn-mowing, just as we have different approaches to loading the dishwasher and to other domestic chores. We almost never make a row about such trifles, with the agreement that whoever does it is free to use their own method. Yet Staffan has firm ideas about lawn-mowing that he tries to support with evidence from websites. He likes straight lines. He would like them to go south-north, but our garden is not oriented to his liking. Neither does it have straight lines. Therefore I prefer to follow the natural soft curves of the landscape, watching the irregular island in the middle get smaller. I know this may sound ridiculous, but it is just another expression of my creativity.

 PS The dark ring in the middle of the lawn is not a token of my creativity. Or maybe it is. It was a witch ring, and I exterminated the toadstools and grew new grass.

3 comments:

Robin said...

The line about supporting ideas with evidence from websites...that could have my husband's name in it as well :) I'd follow your method, but I'd have left the toadstools!

lawn mowing melbourne said...

Lawn mowing is one of the most important elements of lawn management. It is one that has an impact on the growth of the plants on the lawn, and the appearance of the lawn.

lawn mowing melbourne

Unknown said...

Hi there! great post. Thanks for sharing a very interesting and informative content, it is a big help to me and to others as well, keep it up!
Proper lawn care helps prevent the spread of moss, weed, crabgrass and disease. It will also help prevent those ugly brown spots from appearing.



lawn mowing lynnfield ma