Sunday 1 March 2009

More disasters

I wondered the other day what we could expect next after snowstorms and floods. We certainly did not expect a fire. Staffan woke me about midnight to show a car burning right in front of the house. Since I was still half asleep I didn't see at once it was a car and thought that some students were celebrating their Bumps victory with a bonfire (we watched the Bumps yesterday with a mixture of awe and humour) . We had a brief discussion about the emergency number. By the time Staffan got through, a neighbour was banging at the door to say that she had already called the firemen. In fact, they were almost there. It was the first time in my life I saw firemen in action, at least so close. It wasn't a scene to enjoy.

Our car happened to be in the yard last night.

No comments: