Saturday 11 April 2009

Vi have moved!

Yesterday we spent the whole day at Woodside (did I mention that our new house has a NAME?). I cleaned the freezer, the cupboards, the floor strips - there are miles of floor strips in a large house! Staffan made some more shuttle trips. Then we sat down with a glass of wine in our new pretty living room looking out through the screen door at the greenery. Suddenly I had an epiphany. We had a place to sleep. We had some pots and pans and cups and spoons. Our old home was in ruins. Our new home was all shiny and cosy. What prevented us from moving at once?

We went back to Water Street to fetch the cat, had a nice dinner in our new dining room and listened to "Seven Last Words of Jesus", as appropriate on Good Friday, before we fell asleep.

The cat made a thorough inspection of the house, scratched her favourite carpet and chose the new white armchair to sleep in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So now you are properly rooted in Cambridge! My congratulations. I also am, only my Cambridge is 5 time zones away.
Sorry for not going to odnoklassniki. I joined the boycott in December and forgot to unjoin it. Are you planning a trip to the reunion this fall? I am still thinking about it. You can reach me on Skype. My last name is my user name.
Cheers, Lesha