Sunday 8 February 2009

Useless and asocial

Staffan had better luck with the weather than I (or is it the other way round?) and went off to the old country without problems. Which left me with an unexpected weekend in solitude, or rather in Miso's lovely company. There are many ways of spending an unexpected weekend. You can be usefull and do all those chores that never get done and some that Staffan has been doing, so it's only fair to do them when he is away. You can be social and call some friends to see if they are free for lunch or tea. You can be intellectual and go to a movie or even a concert. (Just don't tell me I can read a book, that's work!). With all these marvelous options I decide to be useless. Yesterday I made 75 inch-by-inch floor tiles for the dollhouse. If you ask me why I do it when I can buy pretty self-adhesive floors, it's exactly because it is such a wonderfully useless pastime. I need about 300 tiles, so it will keep me busy for a while.

Yet another option is being healthy and go to the gym, which I have neglected for a long time now. But it is such a nice sunny day, although still cold, that I go for a walk instead. Being a goal-oriented person, I walk to the lock and back, watching the rowing boats and trying to avoid collision with their coaches on bikes, with whom I share the towpath. The path is muddy, and there are still patches of snow around. There are other people walking too. I return home feeling superior (to myself?) and even consider sitting down in the garden with my cup of tea, but I guess I'll have to wait another week or two.

No comments: