Friday 8 August 2008

Don't cry over me

Yesterday, after the van was one, I accepted the invitation to dinner from my wonderful friend Dalia, who suspected, quite correctly, that I wouldn’t feel too well all alone in an empty house. On the way in the car, I listened to a CD with Tom Waits, that Anton had given me. He is a great fan of Tom Waits, and recently went to Prague just to listen to him during his Europe tour.

Anton often gives me his favourite music, and although I do not always like everything, there are quite a few modern groups and singers I have enjoyed and would have never discovered on my own. Tom Waits is one of them.

I don’t know whether Anton had made a deliberate choice, but one of the tracks was: “Don’t cry over me, I am going away, and I will come back on some lucky day”.

1 comment:

anton said...

Telling tales of journeys is one of the things Tom does best.

"I'm goin' away but I'm gonna be back when
It's time to walk away and start all over again"